Your Pathway to a New Career in IT Service Management
As so many companies are reliant on technology these days, there are lots of opportunities for a career in IT.
As an IT Service manager you will be expected to advise businesses on technology and how it can help them perform better, then oversee new systems design and development.
It’s a sociable job which involves working with a team to make sure the new system is completed on time and on budget.
You’ll get to work on lots of different projects; some might take years to complete (like a new patient database for the NHS) others just a few weeks (like a switch to a new phone system)
No matter what the project is you’ll be responsible for a lot of the planning, justification and evaluation. You’ll spend most of your time on the following tasks:
- Speaking to you management team/clients to find out what they want and to advise them objectively on where IT might make a difference to the business
- Planning the stages of the project and how each affects the business
- Co-ordinating the project team
- Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these through the project
- Adjusting the plans where needed
- Making sure there is a smooth change over from the old system to a new one
- Keeping management and clients updated on progress
- Evaluation of each project stage and once completed